Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Third Trimester

I am now in my 28th week of this pregnancy and I'm at the beginning of my third trimester. It's crazy. I can't workout like I want to anymore. My body just won't let me and I guess it's better to be safe then sorry. I was just toning down my turbofire workouts for a while but even that just seems to be too much. I might make it past the warm-ups and then I start to have contractions so I guess I'll have to give it up :( It's really been hard on me. I watch my husband doing to workouts and pushing himself to his limits and it makes me want to cry. I want to do that too! I'm still lifting weights and doing yoga so I guess I'll just have to settle for walking on the other days. Just 4 1/2 more months... (with recovery time.)
I had a prenatal apt. with my midwife yesterday. I've gained about 10 or 11 lbs. so far with 12 weeks left, which for me feels like I am on track. I plan to gain anywhere from 6 to 8 pounds in that time. It really is so hard to watch the scale climb in numbers, but I have to remind myself that it is necessary for both the health of the baby and my own health. I regularly hear people tell me that I need to gain more weight and eat more. Seriously,.... I eat I ton. But when it's healthy food and you're physically active, I think that our bodies will do what they need to do.
Everything else went fairly well except I've got a few issues that need clearing up and fast. I have parasites, a fungal skin infection and yeast. Gag. So I am very strictly on a No Sugar, No White Flour diet. There is sugar in seriously everything! I was already doing fairly well with that with a few cheats here and there but no more cheating until this junk is gone. Yeast just feeds off that stuff! It makes it easier to fight those desires to eat junk knowing that my body needs to heal itself, especially before this baby gets here. I don't want to pass anything on to her if I haven't already. It's amazing how fast our bodies can dump all the crap if we just give it the right tools.
I still haven't taken any pictures of myself. I just don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment