Thursday, June 24, 2010

Keeping on Track

I've decided this is a little harder then I was hoping it would be. I have never even tried to "diet" before in my life and it's proving to be a little difficult. My weakness is cookies. Sounds lame right? For Father's Day, we had dinner with my In-laws and she made chocolate chip cookies. Yum! I ate about 6 of them at about 100 calories per cookie... ouch! Then for our family night on Monday I made these super yummy sugar cookies. Again, about 100 calories each.... and I ate 5 of them on Monday and probably about 7 on Tuesday and then gave the rest away. (They were still super yummy on the second day :) I just can't make cookies. It doesn't work for me. I turn into this guy...

There's this nasty little conversation that goes on in my head: "Just eat one." "But I can't only have one so I shouldn't eat any." "Oh, come on. You can do it." "Okay.... Crap that was good. I need another one." "No, don't eat another one." "Just one more." "Okay. Just one more." "What the heck... You've already blown it. Just eat all you want." And then I feel like crap in between cookies and need to eat another one to help me feel better. It's crazy!
I just found this great article about keeping it together when you're trying to eat right. There are some awesome tips in there that I'm going to have to incorporate, especially with summer BBQ's and party's and stuff. I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment