Monday, June 14, 2010

Produce Co-op


I'm am super excited about a new (new to me anyway) option that my little town has for those of us looking to add to our crisper without adding to our expenses. There's a traveling food co-op called Bountiful Baskets. You log in on Monday night, order your basket with your credit/debit card and then on Saturday you have a 20 min. pick up window where you go to the pick-up location and get your basket full of fresh produce. This past week was my first week participating and it definitely won't be my last. After your first basket it's only $16.50 for a ton of produce. 50% fruit and 50% veggies. It's quite fun because you don't really know what your getting so it makes it a little bit like Christmas :) and then I get to work all this great produce into my meal plan for the week. This past week we got things like broccoli, lettuce, tomatoes, green beans, bananas, cantaloupe, coconut (which I never would have bought on my own, but I love!) grapes, red potatoes, apples... and a few other things I can't think of. Amazing, hu?! My husband and I had just recently been talking (well, I was kinna complaining) about the cost of produce and how hard it was to get enough into our diet without costing an arm and a leg and then this opened up to us. Thank You, Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment