Monday, May 17, 2010

Detox Cleanse

I'm on my last week of the ChaLean Extreme program by Beachbody and I'm pretty sure that I want to repeat the program again. I've loved it! It's been a great program that includes lots of lower and upper body work at the same time and I feel like I've gotten better results for my lower body than I did with P90X. My thighs and butt have really trimmed down with this program. So I've been thinking that I'm going to take a little time off of the weight lifting and do some kind of a master cleanse and flush out my body before I start the program again. I found this website called justcleansing.com and there's tons of different cleanses available and the website walks you through them. I'm not sure how I feel about going 10 days on nothing but lemon juice and maple syrup water though. Growing up I did several cleanses. My mom was pretty big into them :o) But I want to continue to be active in the process where most of the cleanses really do take a lot out of you. There's tons of them on the market that you can buy that are simply a bunch of pills you can take but still continue to eat normally. I don't think I agree with that idea though. How can you clean out your body if you're still putting stuff into it? There is a three day cleanse that I've done before that I'm pretty sure I'll use. It's one that was developed by Dr. Christopher, a master herbalist, that has written tons of programs and developed a large line of herbal remedies and since I'm quite into natural medicine and was raised this way, I've used a lot of his stuff. The cleanse can be found here. I'm a believer that our bodies store tons of junk and toxins and the toxins are the main cause for illness and disease so by eliminating those toxins we can create an environment in our bodies that will not allow for disease and also pave the way for optimal health. I'll keep you posted on what I decide to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment