Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Physical and Emotional Cleanup





Yesterday I ordered a cleanse system by Renew Life from vitacost.com called Renew Life CleanseSMART™ Advanced Cleanse Kit. It's a 30 day cleanse that still allows you to eat healthy, which is what I'm doing anyway so I can handle that. It had some really good reviews so I thought I would give it a try. I decided to try this rather than do something that requires going without food for even a few days. I don't want to risk losing muscle mass... that would be sad.
My husband found this great website called exercisetv.com that has some great full length workouts available for free. There a few good yoga practices that we've done on our "days off" with the ChaLean program. I went through one yesterday that was about 45 min. long. It was challenging but it was easier than I thought it would be. When we lived in Boise we had a gym membership at Gold's and we took yoga about twice a week for almost a year. We had the most amazing yoga instructor and I was so sad to leave her. I remember doing some of the same poses that I did yesterday but they were so much easier than I remembered. I love feeling stronger!
Going through the practice though I started thinking about how I need to put a focus on developing my spiritual and emotional self as I'm working on the physical aspects. Yoga meditation was an excellent time for me to take about 5 to 10 minutes doing body scans and going through some positive mental thought processes. It helped a ton in leaving my emotional baggage on the mat and moving on with my day, starting with a new day and a better outlook on life. It's a practice I need to work into my mornings and that will require getting out of bed a little earlier before my girls wake up. Sounds like a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment